Bhumi Pujan Muhurat 2023: Know the Dates, Vidhi, Rituals, and Mantra of Bhoomi Pujan
Mother earth is referred to as Bhoomi. Bhoomi is a generous giver who provides us with food and shelter without expecting anything in return. As a result, we must treat it with the highest respect. Bhumi Pooja/Pujan, according to Hindu mythology, is a ceremony conducted to appease and give homage to Goddess Bhoomi and Vastu Purush (the deity of directions).
Bhumi Pujan is the initial step in the construction of a home, office, factory, or other structure.
Before beginning the auspicious job of building a house, Bhoomi Pujan is usually performed to please God and pray for their blessings. This is crucial to ensure that not only God but also the Grahas (Planets) are with you as you embark on one of life’s most important endeavors.
During Bhoomi Pujan, pandit ji not only worships the deities, but also the five elements of nature. The bhumi pujan vidhi must always be performed in the northeast direction of the plot, according to Vastu Shastra. Also, make sure that you start building the house from the northeast direction.
Bhumi Pujan Muhurat in 2023
According to astrology, there is a proper time for Bhumi Pujan, just as there is for everything else.
As per astrology, the best months for Bhumi Pujan are Baisakh (May), Margshirsh (December), and Phalgun (March).
Apart from them, if the astrologer recommends it, the months of Shravan, Magh, Bhadrapad, and Kartik are also good.
There are particular times and favorable nakshatras for Bhumi Pujan that one can consider starting the construction during these months.
In addition, if you’re looking for Shubh muhurats for house construction in 2023, make sure it doesn’t start between Ashada Shukla and Kartik Shukla. Lord Vishnu is said to sleep from Ashadh Shukla Ekadashi to Kartik Shukla Ekadashi. So, if you begin house construction during this 4-month time, you may not receive Vishnu’s blessings.
Bhumi Pujan Muhurat 2023 Dates
Bhumi Pujan Muhurat 2023 January
There is no auspicious Muhurat for January month 2023.
Griha Nirman Muhurat 2023 February
|10 Feb, Fri
|09:15 am to 12:15 pm
Neev Pujan Muhurat 2023 March
|9 Mar, Thur
|07:28 am to 12:24 pm
|10 Mar, Fri
|07:24 am to 10:25 pm
Note – As per Hindu Calendar, there is no auspicious Muhurat for Bhoomi pujan from April to August.
Muhurat for Bhumi Pujan 2023 September
|2 Sept, Sat
|07:40 am to 12:16 pm
|25 Sep, Mon
|06:42 am to 08:26 pm
|27 Sept, Wed
|07:39 am to10:38 pm
Bhumi Pujan Muhurat 2023 October
As per the Hindu calendar, there is no auspicious time for Bhoomi Pujan in October.
Bhumi Pujan Muhurat 2023 November
|23 Nov, Thur
|07:21 am to 09:12 pm
|24 Nov, Fri
|07:22 am to 09:08 pm
Bhumi Pujan Muhurat 2023 December
|29 Dec, Fri
|08:55 am to 12:05 pm
Bhumi Pujan Vidhi 2023
- To begin, a location on the land is chosen. This location is largely in the site’s northeast direction. You are responsible for keeping the area tidy.
- Cleanse and purify the area, pour some Gangajal on it.
- After that, a pandit ji will undertake the necessary rites to ensure that Vastu Dosh, or false energy, are removed from the construction site.
- The person in charge of the pooja must always sit with their back to the east. Meanwhile, the pandit ji sits with his back to the north.
- In the northeast direction of the construction site, a 64-part figure is also made. Different Gods are depicted in the diagram.
- To begin, the pandit ji prays to Lord Ganesha, who ensures that no obstacles arise during the construction process.
- A ghee or oil lamp is lit after Lord Ganesha is worshipped.
- The pandit ji then begins to worship the snake God and a Kalash. Sheshnaag is the goddess of the mother earth who also serves Lord Vishnu. As a result, snake worship is required before to the construction of the dwelling. The Kalash, on the other hand, represents the entire cosmos.
- Water is poured into the bhoomi pujan kalash, which is then covered with mango or betel leaves.
- The Kalash is topped with a coconut. A coin and betel nuts are stored in the Kalash, and Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi must be prayed to.
- The Kalasha Puja’s purpose is to channel heavenly energy and attract prosperity and positivity to a specific bhumi.
- The Snake God is worshipped by chanting mantras and pouring milk, ghee, and curd on him, according to the ceremonies.
- Goddess Lakshmi is similarly honoured by placing a betel nut and a penny in the Kalash. During the rite, the God of Directions, Dikpalas, and Kuldevata are also worshipped.
- After that, while digging the pit, the Nag mantra is repeated.
- After a small section of the earth has been dug, the foundation stone or brick is laid.
Items required for Bhoomi Pujan ritual 2023
While the pandit ji will tell you what to get, the list usually includes the following items: oil or ghee rice, water coconut, durba, betel leaves, camphor, kumkum, betel nuts, flower bunch, fruits, prasad, incense stick, cotton for arti, Diya, kalava, paper towels, pickaxe, turmeric powder, quarter coins, navratna or panchdhatu.
Mantra of Bhumi Pujan 2023
During the bhumi pujan rite, various gods are worshipped. As a result, many Bhoomi pujan mantras are chanted.
The most popular and significant of all is
‘Om Vasundharaya Vidmahe Bhutadhatraya Dhimahi Tanno Bhumih Prachodayat,’
which means ‘Let us chant for Bhumi Devi, the Provider of All Things; we ask to her to bless us with abundance and prosperity.’ In addition, the Ganesha mantra and the Gaytri Mantra are chanted.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which day is good for bhoomi pooja?
The bhumi puja is performed on Mondays and Thursdays, which are considered fortunate days.
2. Who all are worshipped during bhumi puja?
During the bhumi puja, Vastu Purusha, Mother Earth, the Snake God, and the five elements of nature are worshipped.
3. What is Bhoomi Pooja?
Before beginning construction work, Hindus perform Bhoomi Puja to honor Goddess Bhoomi (Goddess Earth) and Vastu Purush (God of Directions). It is said to clear the land of any negative energy and Vastu Doshas.
4. Where is Bhumi Puja performed?
The building site’s Bhumi Puja is held at the north-east corner. To ensure that this area of the land is lower than others, construction activity must begin from this corner.