Ketu in 8th house: Meaning, Negative Effects, and RemediesReading Time: 5 minutes
Ketu in 8th house is considered malefic – akin to the 12th and 6th houses. The 8th house rules areas such as unexpected and sudden events in life, reasons for death, and the longevity of a person’s life. The 8th house is the house of mystery, wealth, transformations, gains, accidents, setbacks, health, and more.
On the other hand, Ketu is the planet that represents saturation with material and mundane life. If you wish to know more about the meaning, negative effects, and remedies of Ketu in 8th house, then keep reading. We have gathered all the information here. Let’s get started!
Ketu in 8th House Meaning
The presence of Ketu in the 8th house is positive for mystical and spiritual transformation. There is a possibility that the native might pick occultism or spiritualism as a profession.
Ketu in the 8th house also affects profession, career, finance, money, attitude towards death and life, and health and well-being.
- There are some cases where the natives will attain sudden gains like cash flow or a property.
- The natives will have the power to heal and their intuition will never be wrong.
- The health of the natives will always be a cause of concern.
Effects of Ketu in 8th House
Positive Effects of Ketu in the 8th House
Ketu is a notorious planet, but it has some positive effects on an individual’s career and character.
- Ketu in 8th house bestows natives with a good character. These people have a positive aura and others feel comfortable around them.
- The natives are natural healers. They might choose occultism or healing as a profession.
- Natives having Ketu in 8th house are industrious and brave. They will do their job passionately and with full dedication.
Negative Effects of Ketu in 8th House
Due to the notorious nature of Ketu, there may be some negative effects on the native’s health.
- Natives with Ketu in 8th house are very much prone to sustaining sudden physical injuries. It is possible that they might fall from a tall height and meet with an accident.
- Natives may have health problems that are not easy to diagnose. They might need to go through surgeries.
- The natives might get diseases like piles and food poisoning.
On that note, let’s skim through the effects of Ketu in 8th house in female horoscope and male horoscope!
Effect of Ketu in 8th House in Female Horoscope
There are both positive and negative effects of Ketu in 8th house in female horoscope. A woman above 34 years of age may give birth to a son. However, due to the placement of Ketu in the 8th house, there is a possibility of accidents and diseases. The female native may also experience teeth and face issues after forty years of age.
You may also like to read – Ketu in 7th House: Meaning, Negative Effects & Remedies
Effect of Ketu in 8th House in Male Horoscope
The male natives might have leg issues later in life, but they will be good at sports during the early years of their lives.
These men will be of good character, but they will also have deep fears. Expect health issues after forty years of age – blame it on the planet’s positioning in the chart!
Now comes the turn to describe the effects of Ketu in 8th House in individual spheres of a person’s life. Have a look!
The Effects of Ketu in 8th House on Career & Education
The presence of Ketu in 8th house means that the native will be good at sports and healing. They can choose sports, tarot reading, astrology, and medicine as professions.
The Effects of Ketu in 8th House on Love & Sex
These natives have a simplistic nature which makes them gullible. This is due to the influence of Ketu.
- If not careful, others end up taking advantage of these natives.
- There’s also a high possibility that the natives may not be able to find true love.
The native will get sexual favor from their partner, but the relationship may not be long-lasting. When Ketu is in 8th house, the natives may lead a life of solitude.
The Effects of Both Rahu and Ketu
Rahu in 8th House and Ketu in 2nd House
Rahu in 8th house and Ketu in 2nd house effects are astral in nature. The 8th house is not favorable for the physical environment or the native’s personality.
Spiritual experience will be plausible, but there will be ill effects on the native’s health and mental wellbeing.
Here’s what happens with Rahu in 8th house and Ketu in 2nd house:
- The natives will be disassociated or away from family matters.
- The natives should avoid indulging in gambling or anything that can make them lose their wealth.
- The natives should also control their tongues and not use swear words.
Bear in mind, the energy of the 8th house is destructive. So, it’s best to stay calm and meditate.
Rahu in 2nd House and Ketu in 8th House
When Ketu is in 8th house, natives will possess the power to read minds and body language. They will also try to break free from worldly responsibilities because Ketu prefers solitude. Since the second house is connected to the Moon and comfort, natives may long for a luxurious and comfortable life.
These people would want financial stability and prosperity. Prosperity for them is about getting what they need and when they need it.
7 Remedies of Ketu in 8th House
The positioning of Ketu can affect the native’s personality, health, and many more aspects of life. However, there is always a remedy or a solution for calming Ketu and bringing down its harsh effects.
- Wear Cat’s eye gemstone to get relief from the malice of Ketu.
- Never tie any dog on the terrace of the house.
- Wear a saffron tilak before stepping out of the house.
- Take good care of a black dog. Feed the dog and treat your pets, especially dogs, like family members.
- Put black and white sesame seeds in flowing water.
- Worship Lord Ganesha every Wednesday and meditate in front of Ganesha’s idol.
- Donate 200 grams of gram pulse to a temple. It should be wrapped in a yellow cloth.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Ketu in 8th house good or bad?
Ketu in 8th house can be both good and bad. It will affect the native’s health and mental wellbeing negatively. However, it is good for a career in sports and healing.
2. What gemstone to wear for Ketu in 8th house
Cat’s eye is the best gemstone for Ketu. It will eradicate the destructive effects of the notorious Ketu.
3. What happens with Ketu in 8th house in female horoscope?
Ketu in 8th house in female horoscope will leave a negative effect on the female native’s health and mental wellbeing. It might also cause strained relationships with the partner.
4. What are the effects of Ketu in the 8th house?
Ketu in 8th house is favorable for a mystical life. But, it is not good for romantic relationships.
5. What are the remedies for Ketu mahadasha?
Wearing saffron tilak, praying to Lord Ganesha, taking care of a black dog, and donating 200 grams of gram pulse to the temple are some of the best remedies for Ketu mahadasha.
6. What happens with Rahu in 8th house and Ketu in 2nd house?
The effects will be astral in nature. The natives feel disconnected from their family members and tend to be moody and destructive.
7. What happens with Rahu in 2nd house and Ketu in 8th house?
When Ketu is in 8th house, natives have the power to read minds. This could make them excellent mind readers and healers. They are good at sports and are agile and brave. However, the natives will have negative effects on health.
8. What are the effects of Ketu in 8th house for career?
The natives can excel in a career in sports. They are agile, brave, and hardworking; thus, it is a good career prospect for them.
9. What are the effects of Ketu in 8th house for love?
Love life will be troubled due to the nature of Ketu. The natives should not trust anybody easily as they might get cheated on.
10. What are the effects of Ketu in 8th house for sex?
The partner of the native will offer sexual favors, but there will be a lack of romance and mutual respect.
11. What are the effects of Ketu in 8th house for education?
Ketu in 8th house has a positive impact on a person’s education and career. These natives are hardworking. If they can put in the effort, they will excel at everything they do for a living.