Building a House? Know these 15 Vastu Shastra Tips for Best Results
Vastu for home construction is not difficult to understand. It only takes a little attention to the directions and the plot area. If one follows the Vastu recommendations diligently while building a house, he will be able to unlock the doors to riches and contentment.
So, let’s have a look at the 15 Vastu tips for building a house.
- The plot should be square or rectangle in shape. If at all possible, the southwest corner should be 90 degrees.
- Before starting the construction of the house, the plot should be cleared off of the thorny bushes and clutter around it. This may lead to problems in life.
- Once the Bhoomi-Pujan is done, construct the water tank in the North or North-East direction. This will help in the financial growth of the family.
- Always begin the construction in the daytime, as the sun is the most positive element as per Vastu. Avoid construction at night or dark.
- The primary entrance should be on the plot’s north, east, or northeast side. It is recommended to have two gates, one on the east and one on the north.
- The ground level should slope toward the northeast, with levels in the southwest being higher than on all other sides.
- A bore well should be installed in the northeast before construction begins.
- More room should be allocated in the House’s east and north directions than in its west and south.
- Balconies facing north, east, or northeast direction are preferable.
- Kitchens are best towards the southeast or northwest, but never in the northeast.
- A staircase should be constructed in the south, west, or southwest and should be avoided in the northeast because a staircase with a headroom higher than the southwest is not suitable.
- An underground room or space (cellar) should be retained under the house’s northeastern or eastern part.
- Cars, scooters, and bicycles should park in the northeast direction.
- North and south open areas of the plot should be used for lawns.
- Washrooms should be located to the north, east, or northeast of the hall.