Vishwakarma Day 2023: Know the Date, Time, Puja Vidhi, and Significance of Vishwakarma Pooja
Lord Vishavakarma’s birthday is celebrated on Vishvakarma Day. Vishwakarma, also known as Vishwakarma in Hindu mythology, is the God of ‘creation.’ He is supposed to be the ultimate creator, the divine architect of the universe, who has constructed many residences for Gods over the four yugas.
Vishwakarma Puja, also known as Vishwakarma Jayanti or Vishwakarma Day, is a Hindu festival honouring the god Vishwakarma. He is an architect and one of the 14 important items that were born on the Samudra Manthan. Vishwakarma built the ancient holy city of Dwarka, which was ruled by Lord Krishna. He was also responsible for the Pandavas’ Maya Sabha.
For the gods, he invented numerous incredible weapons. He is credited with Sthapatya Veda, the science of mechanics and architecture, and is mentioned as a divine carpenter in the Rig Veda.
Vishwakarma Puja Date 2023
Monday, September 18, 2023
People worship Lord Vishvakarma, as well as the tools and instruments they utilise on a daily basis, on this day.
Significance of Vishwakarma Puja
Vishvakarma, like other gods, is honoured on his birthday. The problem is that, because Vishvakarma is the world’s initial creator, claiming that he was born on a specific day is nonsensical. Vishvakarma Puja, on the other hand, provides an opportunity to honour this essential deity.
Worshipping on Vishwakarma’s day brings us happiness and wealth at home and at work. According to legend, Lord Vishwakarma created weapons, tools, houses, and temples for the gods, and by worshipping Vishwakarma once a year, all of the tools and weaponry function properly and never make a mistake.
The importance of honouring Lord Vishwakarma Jayanti is previously mentioned in the scriptures. As a result, Vishwakarma Puja is widely observed across the country. However, while worshipping on this day, several particular restrictions were given. Happiness and prosperity continue in the home if they are followed.
Vishwakarma Jayanti Puja Vidhi
- First and foremost, get up early in the morning, take a wash, and then sit with your wife at the place of worship.
In the morning, put on fresh, clean clothes.
- Keep the idol and clean the place of worship.
- Begin your worship using Akshat, Turmeric, Flowers, Paan, Cloves, Areca nut, Sweets, Fruits, Incense, Deep, and Rakshasutra.
- All puja items should be sprinkled with turmeric and rice.
After that, while focusing on Lord Vishnu, repeat the mantras of ॐ आधार शक्तपे नम:, ॐ कूमयि नम:, ॐ अनन्तम नम: और ॐ पृथिव्यै नम: .
- Sprinkle akshat in each of the four directions and bind them with yellow mustard.
- Tie a rakshasutra in your hand and a rakshasutra to your bride.
- Place the flowers in the water container.
- In your heart, meditate on Lord Shri Vishwakarma ji.
- Light a Raksha candle, collect flowers and betel nut in water, and make a resolution.
- Make an Ashtadal (eight-petaled) lotus at the entrance to your residence on the pure ground.
- Keep seven grains in that spot and cover it with clay and copper water.
- After that, fill the Kalash with Panchpallav (five tree leaves), seven types of soil, betel nut, and Dakshina, and cover it with a cloth.
- Rakshasutra, turmeric, and rice should be offered to Kalash.
- Invoke Varun Dev after dedicating a vessel full of Akshat (rice) and placing a figurine of Lord Vishwakarma on top.
- After the ritual is finished, distribute the prasad to everyone.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Vishwakarma Puja date fixed?
It occurs on the Hindu calendar’s ‘Kanya Sankranti.’ Every year, it is commemorated on a Gregorian calendar date September 18, which corresponds to the last day of the Indian Bhado month in the Solar calendar.
2. Who is Vishwakarma?
Lord Vishwakarma, or Bishwakarma (as Bengalis call him), is Lord Brahma’s son and the universe’s divine maker. He is also credited as being the official builder of all the gods’ palaces.
3. Which caste is Vishwakarma?
Vishwakarma Brahmins are members of the Hindu society’s Brahmin varna who worship Vishwakarman Prajapati, also known as ‘Swayambhu Brahman,’ the Supreme cosmic creator god stated in the Vedas. Vishwabrahmins are the only persons in the Hindu community and are divided into five divisions.
4. Who is Vishwakarma wife?
He is the son of a Deva named Prabhas, who belongs to the ashta Vasus class, according to the Vishnu Puranam and Shrimad Bhagavatam. He married Rachana, the sister of the Daitya king Virochana. Lord Vishwakarma was born from this one-of-a-kind and celestial union.