Akshaya Tritiya 2024: Dates, Timing, Vidhi, and Significance
For Hindu groups, Akshaya Tritiya, also known as Akha Teej, is a very auspicious and sacred day. It occurs in the month of Vaishakha during Shukla Paksha Tritiya. On a Rohini Nakshatra day with Wednesday, Akshaya Tritiya is regarded particularly fortunate. Akshaya () is a Sanskrit term that signifies “never diminishing.” As a result, the advantages of performing any Japa, Yajna, Pitra-Tarpan, or Dan-Punya on this day never fade and last a lifetime.
The festival of Akshaya Tritiya is thought to bring good fortune and success. The majority of people buy gold on this day because it is thought that buying gold on Akshaya Tritiya will bring them prosperity and wealth in the future. Because it is Akshaya day, it is believed that gold purchased on this day will never depreciate and will continue to appreciate.
Akshaya Tritiya 2023 Dates and Timing
Akshaya Tritiya on Friday, 10 May, 2024
Akshaya Tritiya Puja Muhurat – 05:33 AM to 12:18 PM
Tritiya Tithi Begins – 04:17 AM on May 10, 2024
Tritiya Tithi Ends – 02:50 AM on May 11, 2024
God Vishnu, the Hindu Trinity’s preserver God, is in charge of Akshaya Tritiya day. Treta Yuga began on Akshaya Tritiya day, according to Hindu mythology. Normally, Akshaya Tritiya and Parashurama Jayanti, Lord Vishnu’s 6th incarnation’s birthday anniversary, fall on the same day, but depending on the Tritiya Tithi’s starting time, Parashurama Jayanti may fall one day before Akshaya Tritiya.
Vrat & Pujan Vidhi on Akshaya Tritiya
It is not difficult to perform Akshaya Tritiya Puja. Perform Akshaya Tritiya Puja at home using the methods listed below:
- Those who fast on this day must get dressed in yellow attire first thing in the morning.
- Bathe Vishnu’s statue in Gangajal at home and offer Tulsi, a yellow flower garland, or plain yellow flowers.
- Finally, light incense and a Ghee wick lamp before settling onto a yellow seat.
- Recite texts about Vishnu, such as the Vishnu Sahasranama and the Vishnu Chalisa.
- Sing the Vishnu Ji Aarti at the end.
- In addition, if the worshipper can make donations or provide food to the poor, it will have a positive impact.
Significance of Akshaya Tritiya
- Akhatrij is one of the three and a half auspicious days of the year that are known as Sadhe Teen Shubh Muhurat. Many auspicious things can be done on this day.
- On this day, bathing in the Ganga has great significance. On this day, everyone who does Ganga Snana is purified of all negative energies.
- This is also a good day to perform Pitru Shradh. In the name of ancestors, barley, wheat, grammes, Sattu, curd-rice, and milk products must be provided, and then a Pandit (Hindu priest) must be fed.
- Performing Shraddh of your ancestors at a religious location on this day is seen to be very lucky.
- Some individuals feel that buying gold on this day is auspicious.
- Parashuram and Hayagreeva had merely incarnated on this day.
- The Treta Yuga had started on the same day.
On this day, the Shri Badrinath Temple’s doors open.
- Askshay Tritiya is also considered an auspicious day by Vedic astrologers, as it is free of all malefic effects. According to Hindu Electional Astrology, the three lunar days of Yugadi, Akshaya Tritiya, and Vijay Dashami do not require any Muhurta to begin or complete any auspicious work because they are free of all malefic effects.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Akshaya Tritiya and why it is celebrated?
Akshaya Tritiya, also known as ‘Akha Teej,’ is one of the Hindu calendar’s most auspicious days. The religious celebration commemorates Lord Parasurama’s birth, which is commemorated by both Hindus and Jains with tremendous dedication and zeal. According to legend, the event provides good fortune and success in one’s life.
2. What should we do on Akshaya Tritiya?
On Akshaya Tritiya, chanting Vishnusahasranama, or Lord Vishnu’s mantras and slokas, is considered auspicious. On this day, people perform Lakshmi Puja to summon Goddess Lakshmi, the giver of money, health, and prosperity.
3. Why Akshaya Tritiya is important?
For Hindus and Jains, the day, also known as Akha Teej, is considered exceedingly fortunate and sacred. In the month of Vaishakha, Akshaya Tritiya occurs during the Shukla Paksha Tritiya. Because the Sanskrit word akshaya means “endless” or “forever,” Akshaya Tritiya is thought to bring good fortune.
4. Is Akshaya Tritiya good for marriage?
Because the Akshaya Tritiya muhurat is so potent, young couples who want to marry don’t have to be concerned about doshas in their horoscope. Couples with mismatched horoscopes can easily get rid of negative emotions and live blissfully under the blessings of the Gods by marrying on Akshaya Tritiya.