Feng Shui Elephant: Why Use Elephant Miniatures as a Part of Home Décor to Get Lucky?
Elephants are considered sacred in Indian culture. In fact, in Feng Shui, elephants have a major significance in home décor. It is a Chinese practice of placing things in the home or workspace surroundings. A Feng Shui elephant has been used in homes and offices to balance the yin-and-yan. Moreover, it maintains the energy flow as well.
The elephant is a gigantic creature and it symbolizes Lord Ganesha and Buddha Dev. Once placed inside the home, it brings good luck, strength, and harmony to the family. However, all this can be achieved when an elephant’s photo or statue (a feng shui elephant) is utilized in a certain way and kept at certain places.
There is a common belief that any form of animal you use in the décor should have its trunk positioned upwards for favorable results.
We will be sharing the ways in which you can add a Feng Shui elephant to the home décor. It will bring positivity and happiness to your home.
Elephant Symbolism Across Cultures
Elephants are natives of Africa and Asia. They are admired by people and are considered mythical animals just like the phoenix or the dragon.
Buddhism started in India, and it expanded to places in Eastern Asia. Elephants are considered sacred and are revered in Buddhist culture. Just like a snow mountain, the gigantic elephant embodies majesty, power, and dignity.
- In Hindu and Buddhist iconography, Gods and Goddesses ride on elephants and they are honored as treasured vehicles.
- You would notice that in the Vedic system, Lord Ganesha was loved by all. He had the body of a boy and the head of a gigantic elephant.
- During the ancient period, elephants were trained to fight battles because they were gigantic and powerful.
People worship elephants because of their power and the ability to remove obstacles.
Thus, placing elephants in the home can be highly auspicious. The question is – how do you place a feng shui elephant strategically? Jump to the next section to find out!
You may also like to read – A Guide on North Facing House Vastu
Feng Shui Tips on Placing Elephant in the Home
- Place a feng shui elephant or a pair right at the front door. You can also buy larger pieces if your house has a wider entrance. When you place them, make sure the elephants face inwards for favorable results. Feng shui elephant trunk direction should be upwards. It is easy to spot elephants at the entry of homes in Rajasthan and many other states.
- Elephants protect the jungle and forests. They are known as guardians for a reason. If you want the elephants to protect your home from negativity and evil, you can place a pair of elephants. They should be facing outwards. It helps in preventing energy loss and also maintains balance.
- Placing a pair of elephants as a statue or a photo can improve the relationship between a couple. You can also place elephant cushion covers, paintings, and statues in the home.
- In case you wish to strengthen the relationship between a mother and a child, place a picture of a mother and child elephant duo. You can place this in the room of the parents or children.
- Elephant symbols can be placed in the form of toys, wallpapers, statues, cushion covers, and even miniatures. This should be kept in the children’s room as it broadens and strengthens knowledge and helps them to excel in their studies. Place a feng shui elephant on the study table for best results.
- If you want positive growth in the career aspect, you must place an elephant feng shui at the front door of your workspace. An elephant symbolizes power and wisdom – it energizes people and makes them want to chase their dreams. In case you are planning to change your job or get a promotion, place an elephant statue on your work desk. Favorable results may come about sooner or later. You can have elephant print on your diary or other stationery items.
- Bringing balance to your life is possible. Keep an elephant statue or picture and make sure they are holding something in their hands. It could be a crystal ball or any other element.
- Indian homes believe in the power of Lord Ganesha. It plays a significant role in bringing wealth into the family. Also, Ganesha is the first God that people worship before starting something afresh or new. Lord Ganesha brings prosperity to the home.
Bear in mind, Feng shui elephant fertility means that the woman will be able to conceive easily in the presence of an elephant photo, statue, or miniature in the home.
Elephants have been trained since ancient times. They were prepared for wartime and even today, people consider them as a protection symbol.
You can place a pair of elephants at the entry point of the home or even on the study table and work desk. If you step into a home and find elephants in the doorway – don’t start thinking that people keep feng shui elephants to beautify their homes.
It is possible that the homeowners believe in feng shui and that’s the reason why they place elephant statues and miniatures.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What direction do you face an elephant for good luck?
Place an elephant or a pair of elephant statues at your front door to welcome in the good fortune. If your property has a spacious entrance, you can purchase large pieces. Make sure they’re facing inwards while you’re putting them up for best results.
2. What does it mean if an elephant's trunk is down?
An elephant with its trunk pointing downwards is said to store good fortune and energy. It is a symbol of wisdom and understanding that enables you to effortlessly tackle a variety of responsibilities and challenges. The downward trunk elephant may be right for you if you want to stay grounded at work or save strength and vigour at home.
3. What do elephant statues represent?
The elephant is associated with Buddha and the Hindu god Ganesh, and it can be used to represent power, wisdom, strength, house protection, fertility, and general good fortune. Elephants with their trunks facing upwards are said to symbolise prosperity, good luck, and success by many Feng Shui practitioners.
4. What is the spiritual meaning of the elephant?
Elephants have long been seen as a symbol of good fortune, wisdom, fertility, and protection. Elephants with their trunks down are powerful totems for anyone seeking fertility, knowledge, or strength, as they are regarded to be amassing positive energy and pushing past barriers.
5. Is it good luck to give someone an elephant?
Many people place elephant statues in front of their entrance doors to bring good fortune within. In any case, the elephant is an excellent symbol for promoting good fortune or giving a lucky present to someone special.