Kaal Sarp Dosh: What does it mean and how to Remedy it ?
Whether it’s the planets of forgiveness or the planets of fury and wrath, where it’s the meaning of omens, whether it’s the planetary movement that leads to disruptions in the 12 houses in the natal chart, every single phenomenon according to Vedic astrology has a significance of its own. The alignment of all these cosmic powers decides your ultimate destiny. Now, if you’re doing everything right in your life and still not getting the happiness and success that you deserve, how else are you going to explain it if not for some kind of dosha in your kundali (birth chart)? And, it’s one of those doshas that we are going to talk about at length in this guide, the Kaal Sarp Dosh – what is it and the many remedies to reduce its effects.
What is Kaal Sarp Dosh?
Also known as Kaal Sarpa Yog, Kaal Sarpa dosha is the one that’s bound with karma. According to vedic astrology, the deeds you’ve done in your past life follow you in all your next lives. So, if you’ve done something immoral, you’re going to have to make it right during your time on Earth in different lifetimes. This is what begins the entire cycle of Kaal Sarp Dosh.
Some of the mysteries around this dosha have been compiled below.
- People who have sacrificed or killed an animal – who hadn’t caused them to harm in any – in their previous life are usually born with Kaal Sarp Dosh.
- People who have killed snakes in their past lives or in their current life have Kaal Sarp Dosh too.
- If someone died with an unfulfilled desire in their past lives, their current life on earth will be affected by this dosha too.
How to Find out if You Have Kaal Sarpa Yog in Your Birth Chart?
Also the garlands of Lord Shiva, but mighty vicious if provoked, sarpas are snakes or serpents. Whilst it’s true that success takes time, but if it doesn’t come despite hard work, you might want to contact an astrologer and get your birth chart read to find out if this Karmic dosha is the reason behind your troubles.
Here are some of the difficulties that might be an indication that the bad luck coming your way is a result of Kaal Sarpa Yog.
- Deadly Dreams – Repeated dreams where your relatives or loved ones, even your ancestors, die.
- Dreams of Snakes – Dreams of dead snakes or snakes biting you and chasing you.
- Certain Phobias – Fearing a snake is one thing, but developing an extreme phobia of snakes is different. If you have it, it might be an indication of Kaal Sarpa dosha.
Also, people with this dosha might have a fear of heights, getting strangled by someone, drowning, and being left alone.
You may also like to read – Constantly Seeing Snakes in Your Dreams ?
Remedies to reduce the effects of Kaal Sarp Dosh
- The Panchakshari Mantra to beseech Lord Shiva brings relief and mercy. So, chant, ‘Om Namah Shivaya’ 108 times daily.
- Rahu is the Lord of Karma. Offering your prayers to Rahu is, thus, another way to seek forgiveness of your ill-deeds from your past life. So, chant the Beej Mantra 108 times daily.
- Fasting on every Nag Panchami will bring you great relief. Seeking forgiveness from who you harmed is one of the best ways of atonement. So, visit a Nag mandir on every nag Panchami and offer milk and flowers as a token of respect.
The Many Miscellaneous Remedies to Reduce the Peak Effects of Kaal Sarp Dosh
Do not forget to chant the kaal sarpa jaap (gayatri mantra) daily. If possible, submerge 108 metal idols of nag nagin in a river, river ganga being the most fruitful. Pleasing Shani dev will also bring mercy. So, do visit a peepal tree on every Saturday and water it. It will please Shani dev, the Lord of war and fury. If he blesses you with good luck, the wrath of Kaal Sarp Dosh will reduce.
On a closing note, one has to live with his own karma. You cannot change what you did in your past life – it’s gone. But doing the right things in this life will add to your karma and you will be rewarded accordingly. So, whether or not you have the kaal sarpa dosh, keep your deeds clean, have compassion, and donate to the needy. Remember, you will reap only what you sow. So, sow wisely.
Bored of Reading?
Now Listen to the Complete Blog on our eAstroHelp Audio Podcast!
Kaal Sarp Dosha
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is kaal sarp dosh?
Kaal means time and sarp is a snake. Kaal sarp dosh is the result of your past life karma. Your past life deeds decide your present. If you’ve killed animals in a past life, you will be born with kaal sarp dosh in your kundali.
2. What are kaal sarp dosh remedies?
Chanting gayatri mantra 108 times a day is known to reduce the malice of kaal sarp dosh. Offering water to a peepal tree on every Saturday is helpful too.
3. What are Kaal sarp dosh nivaran mantras?
Gayatri mantra , and the Panchakshari mantra to please Lord Shiva are the two most powerful remedies of kaal sarp dosh.
4. How to know if I have kaal sarp dosh?
Extreme phobia of snakes, seeing snakes biting you in dreams, seeing recurring dreams where your family members die are specific indications that you might have kaal sarp dosh.