Nadi Astrology – What is it and What is its Significance?Reading Time: 3 minutes
Astrology isn’t something new to India and Indians. However, it’s nadi astrology that not many people are aware of.
One of the oldest and most ancient ways to predict the future, Nadi astrology is believed to be a bit different. According to this branch of astrology, the past, present, and future of every human being on the earth is already written.
And the most intriguing aspect of Nadi astrology is that it is believed that there were 4 ancient sages who recorded the entire life Chakra of all humans – that were born in those times and ones that were to take birth in the future, including all of us even until date – in Palm leaves and those leaves still exist.
Fascinating, isn’t it? Since it’s always been a fantasy for humans to find out about their life, especially their future, the discovery of these palms leaves was a great event. However, before you can find out any more information about Nadi astrology and the sages who recorded the future of humans, it is required that you first learn some facts about Nadi astrology.
Nadi Astrology Facts that Nobody Talks About
- This astrology form for future prediction originated in South India.
- The most ancient records belong to the regions of Tamil Nadu and kerala.
- It is believed that 4 sages who got the sight to decipher the lives of all human beings used palm leaves and bark to record/note down the information.
- Despite being ancient, Nadi astrology is still popular and practiced in the rural parts of South India.
- It is believed that the 4 sages that were blessed with the sight to foresee the future could see the past, present, and future of dead people too.
History Behind Nadi Astrology and the 4 Sages
There are 4 Nadis and all 4 are named after the sages who are believed to be the originators of this branch of astrology – Suka Nadi, Brahma Nadi, Agasthiya Nadi, and Kaushika Nadi.
These sages were bestowed with sight and they used palm leaves – thousands of years ago in the Chola region that’s in Tamil Nadu now – to write what they learned in those sights.
That said, Nadi astrology is not easy to interpret. In fact, it is considered to be the toughest texts to be deciphered as most of them are in the form of poetries.
Whilst it might be hard to believe that the past, present, and future of every individual born and yet to be born on earth has already been seen and written by the Sages of the Yore, yet, the highly skilled astrologers who are able to read those sights vouch for the genuinity of this age old practice.
That said, since there’s a lot of fascination that’s related to the future, many rumours about Nadi astrology exist too. These are the rumors that one should be aware of. If you’re interested in the actual knowledge and not just hoax, no matter if it sounds interesting, then you’ll certainly find the pointers below very interesting.
You may also like to read – What is Neecha Bhanga Raja Yoga?
Truth About the Origin of Nadi Astrology
Expert linguists who have actually seen, read, and understood the text, clearly mention that the leaves were found in a temple in Tamil Nadu. The temple has now been converted into a library that goes by the name Saraswati Mahal Library and its actual location is in the Tanjore area in Tamil Nadu. If anyone tells you otherwise about the location where the real Nadis were found and are kept, then, they’re lying.
Here are some other facts:
- The real palm leaves where the predictions have been listed are sometimes taken to metro cities like Delhi and Mumbai. That said, none of those leaves are left there or anywhere else permanently. They are returned to the Saraswati Mahal Library after they’re studied.
- The real Nadis aren’t easily accessible for the common public.
The truth about the Accuracy of the Nadi Astrology
Astrologers do believe that the recordings by the sages are accurate. But, at the same time, they also suggest that the texts were recorded on the basis of sights that the sages had. And planetary and star alignment keep changing in the kundali of an individual. Which is why astrologers believe that the future cannot be decided in terms of actual life events since even if doshas occur, they can still be remedied.
In fact, it is believed that the real motive of the 4 sages was that people would read their future and try to change whatever bad was going to happen in their lives.
So, be careful if:
- Anyone says that your future has already been sealed and you can’t do anything to remedy the problem you’re facing.
- Anyone says that the Nadis can be easily accessed.
Remember, the chance that you’ll be able to actually find out the leaf that contains information about you is less than 10% even if you’re determined about finding it.
- A lot of false information is circulated about Nadi Astrology.
- The future isn’t fixed. It can be changed and remedied.
- The 4 sages meant for people to find their future and make changes.
- Real Nadis are kept in the rural areas of Tamil Nadu only.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Nadi Astrology?
It is believed that centuries ago 4 sages wrote the past, present, and future of every person who will ever take birth on Earth in Palm leaves. The branch of astrology that reads the info on the palm leaves is Nadi Astrology.
2. Does Nadi Astrology Work?
According to astrologers, yes. However, the chances that you will ever be able to see your Nadi are one in a thousand.
3. Where can I find the Nadi Leaves?
Saraswati Mahal Library in Tanjore, Tamil Nadu. This ancient temple, now a museum, has all the Nadi leaves that have been found until now. But, those leaves are not directly accessible to the public.
4. Can Nadi astrology reveal the future?
Yes and no. The 4 sages predicted the future so that you can change the wrongs and improve your karma. Which means, the future isn’t fixed. It is what you want it to be.
Bored of Reading?
Now Listen to the Complete Blog on our eAstroHelp Audio Podcast!