Most Preferred Wall Colors According to Vastu! Room by Room AnalysisReading Time: 4 minutes
Vastu shastra was written by ancient sages and astrologers so that the design of a building would attract positivity and banish negative energies. That said, Vastu is as much about colors as the direction of planets and Gods because colors radiate energies too. Every color in Vastu Shastra signifies a particular emotion. If you want peace and harmony in your abode, then this guide on the wall colors according to Vastu will be an interesting read.
Hop on and explore the significance of wall colors according to Vastu shastra!
The Direction and Meaning of Different Colors According to Vastu
You must have a basic idea about which color belongs to which direction and signifies which emotion. It will help you in developing a better understanding of which color will be more favorable for which room. We are going to discuss the meaning of the 10 most significant colors in Vastu!
- Red – Red is the color for the South Direction. It signifies energy and passion.
- Pink – Pink belongs to the Southeast direction. The pastel shades of pink signify love and romance.
- Blue – Blue is the color for Northeast, East, and Northwest directions. It signifies emotions like peace, calm, satisfaction, and harmony.
- Yellow – It is the color for the South Direction and stands for cheerfulness, brilliance, intelligence, focus, and an optimistic attitude.
- Orange – Orange governs the Southeast direction. It signifies health, prosperity, and the desire to succeed.
- Green – North is the direction for green color. It signifies healing, prosperity, and growth.
- Brown – Southwest is the direction for Brown color and it signifies comfort.
- Purple – Purple is the color for the Southeast direction. It signifies dignity, money, wealth, property, and fortune.
- White – Northwest and West and the directions for white color, and the color signifies luxury and purification.
- Grey – The direction for grey color is Northwest. It is the color for contentment, subtlety, and equilibrium.
Now that you know about the kinds of emotions that one feels upon seeing a specific color, let’s take you through the most suitable wall colors according to Vastu on a room-by-room basis.
7 Different Rooms and the Most Suitable Wall Colors According to Vastu
Bedroom Wall Colors According to Vastu
The suitable bedroom color depends upon the size and direction of the bedroom and also who the bedroom is for. The three classifications are Master Bedroom, Kids Bedroom, and Guest Bedroom.
- The Master Bedroom – It is the place of your rest and should face the southwest direction. So, the most suitable master bedroom wall color according to Vastu is blue. You can opt for the different shades of light blue.
- The Kids Bedroom – According to Vastu Shastra, the best directions to build a kids bedroom are Northeast and Northwest. These directions are ruled by the Moon. So, the kids’ bedroom wall colors according to Vastu Shastra should be white or silver-white.
- The Guest Bedroom – Again, the suitable direction for a guest bedroom is Northwest. So, the best guest bedroom wall colors according to Vastu would again be white and silver-white.
Other most suitable colors for bedroom walls according to Vastu include light grey, white, and pastel shades of green.
3 Vastu-Recommended Two Colour Combination for Bedroom Walls
If you like a bit of variety, then there are options for two colour combination bedroom walls that you can try. The most iconic Vastu-recommend color combinations are:
- Indigo blue and white.
- Light blue and bright yellow.
- Light brown and muted green.
Kitchen Wall Colors According to Vastu
According to Vastu Shastra, a kitchen should be built in the Southeast corner of the house. Southeast is the direction for Agni Dev (the God of Fire). So, different shades of orange and yellow are the most suitable kitchen wall color options according to Vastu.
You may also like to read – Significance of 8 Vastu Directions in Astrology : Detailed Guide!
Living Room Wall Colors According to Vastu
Northeast and Northwest are the correct Vastu directions for a hall or living room. So, blue, green, yellow, white, and light grey are the colors that are most suitable for the proper Vastu of a house.
Mandir Wall Colors According to Vastu
It is very important to choose colors for the mandir carefully. Mandir is the epicenter of all positivity. If there’s any Vastu dosh in the puja room, you will face problems in all spheres of life.
That said since the direction for the Mandir in a house Northeast, the first best color for mandir walls is yellow. The next best color is blue. A color combination of yellow and blue is also a Vastu-recommended color.
Study Room Wall Colors According to Vastu
The study is the place for emotions like intelligence, optimism, brilliance, success, peace, and calmness. So, the right colors should be easy to guess if you had a keen look at the meaning of colors.
- Light shades of yellow.
- Light green and pistachio green.
- Light blue.
- White and cream.
Dining Room Wall Colors According to Vastu
The right Vastu says that the dining table should always face the Southeast direction. The best colors for the dining room walls according to Vastu are pastel shades of pink and orange, warm colors like blue, and the different lighter shades of green.
Bathroom Wall Colors According to Vastu
According to Vastu Shastra, the right directions for building a bathroom are North and Northwest. So, accordingly, the most preferred wall colors for the bathroom are beige, cream, light green, and light blue.
3 Colors to Avoid According to Vastu Shastra
Just as some colors radiate positive energy and calmness, some other colors induce the feeling of sadness, sorrow, anger, and rage. Those are the colors you should avoid and they are mentioned below.
Blood Red – The color of violence and war.
Black – The color of Shani (Saturn) that brings darkness in life.
Deep Yellow – Bright yellow and light yellow are auspicious. But deep yellow invokes the feeling of sadness and depression.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which color is best for bedroom walls?
The first best color for the bedroom walls is blue (all pastel shades). Some other warm colors that you can use in the bedroom are light yellow, Wisely pink, muted green, and lavender.
2. What are the best Vastu colors for home interior walls?
Light and warm colors are the best Vastu colors for home interior walls. Some common colors that are suitable for all rooms are light blue, pistachio green and muted green, and beige.
3. What are the best Vastu colors for kitchen?
The first best Vastu color for the kitchen is orange. You can also use orange in combination with yellow. Orange-red is also recommended for the kitchen.
4. What are the best Vastu shastra colors for the living room?
A wide range of warm colors and pastel colors can be used in the living room. The best ones include blue, green, yellow, white, and light grey.