Rahu in 7th House | Find Out What it Means in Marriage and Business
Rahu is one of the most feared planets in astrology. Its placement in all the houses in a birth chart matters a lot. But, it’s mostly a cause of concern if Rahu is sitting in the 7th house and is afflicted or weak. The 7th house in astrology is the house of marriage. So, Rahu in this house affects every aspect of marriage – happiness, physical and mental compatibility, peace, and progeny. In fact, Rahu in the 7th house decides spouse appearance too.
In this guide, we will walk you through the effects of Rahu’s presence in the house of marriage and the effective remedies to reduce the malice of Rahu if it’s weak or afflicted.
3 Possible Outcomes of Weak/Afflicted Rahu in the 7th House
The 7th house is also the house of business other than the house of marriage. To put it simply, the 7th House is the house of partnerships.
If a weak Rahu is present in the 7th house, the native faces a lot of problems in married life. Rahu, in fact, also causes a delay in marriage. The effects are even more serious if other malicious planets like Ketu and Shani (Saturn) have evil eyes on the 7th house. Some combinations that usually affect the life of the native are as follows.
- If a person who has Rahu in his/her Kundli gets married before the age of 21, there is a great deal of chance that the marriage will result in a divorce.
- Women with Rahu in the 7th house can be somewhat materialistic. It leads to unnecessary expenditure and that, many times, results in serious fights between the couple.
- Badly placed Rahu in the 7th house creates a diversion. The native might want to cheat on his/her spouse or just separate without putting in any effort to save the marriage.
- Rahu in the 7th house also signifies cultural and religious differences between couples because there are high chances that your spouse would come from a foreign land or belong to a different community. So, there’s going to be a lot of adjustment problems between the couple.
- In worst cases where Rahu is severely weak and accompanied by dangerous planets, it can also lead to the early and sudden death of the spouse.
Very Few Loyal Friends
Rahu in the 7th house in a birth chart makes the native very dominant and egoistic. It’s very hard to argue with these people and even harder to make them realize their fault. This is also one reason that such marriages fail. If you’re going through a similar patch due to Rahu’s affliction, you must keep the following things in mind.
- Think before you speak. There’s a high probability that you might end up hurting your own family members, let alone friends.
- Most people around you during this time will not be genuine. They might try to exploit you for money. So, be mindful of the people in your life, especially new people.
As we already mentioned, afflicted Rahu in a Kundli is bad for all kinds of partnerships, business partnership and matrimony, both. This is why the natives should avoid venturing into business in a partnership. Also, it is advised to not venture into the electronics business. It brings heavy losses and debts, and can also make the native bankrupt.
Benefits of a Well-Placed Rahu in the 7th House
Rahu is a shadow planet with no house of its own. So, it always sits in the houses ruled by other planets.
You may also like to read – Effects of Mars in 7th House – Positives and Negatives
The kind of effects that Rahu has depends upon the other planets in the same house. For example, Jupiter is very good for married life and Venus offers a lot of wealth. If Rahu in the 7th House is accompanied by any of these planets and these planets are strong, then the results will be very good. Also, if Rahu in your birth chart is organically strong and is currently in the 7th House, it will offer a lot of benefits.
- It offers wealth and fortune.
- It makes the marriage smooth.
- It also improves mental health by reducing stress and depression.
- Rahu in the 7th house gives love marriage. So, if you’re in a serious relationship, the chances are very high that you’ll get married to the partner of your choice.
The appearance of Spouse with Rahu in the 7th House
If Rahu is weak or afflicted in the 7th house, or it is accompanied by Saturn and/or Ketu, it means that your spouse will be dark in complexion. But if strong Jupiter or strong Venus accompany Rahu in the 7th house, then your spouse will have a fair complexion.
2 Remedies for Weak Rahu in the 7th House
Please the Planet Rahu
What’s better than pleasing the planet that’s troubling you? So, you should first focus on appeasing Rahu in the following ways.
- Submerge 7 coconuts in a flowing river.
- Donate copper metal and black til seeds to poor people on Saturdays.
- Use a Rudraksha mala to chant the Rahu beej mantra, Om Bhram Bhreem Bhrom Sah Rahave Namah. Astrologers insist that chanting this mantra 18 thousand times within 40 days pleases Rahu.
- Keep a Rahu yantra at home and worship it every day. Make sure that the Yantra you buy is made of copper.
Offer Your Prayers to Shiv-Parvati
Pleasing Lord Shiva and Devi Parvati is known to bring peace and harmony in married life. Here’s what you can do!
- Visit a Shiva-Shakti temple every Monday and offer milk, belpatra, and water to a Shivling.
- Fast for 16 Mondays. It is known to please Lord Shiva. And Lord Shiva can reduce the malice of Rahu.
Alternate Remedies for Weak Rahu
- You can wear a gomed stone since it’s the gemstone of Rahu.
- You can worship goddess Durga and Lord Ganesha.
- Do not keep pets in your house.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Rahu in the 7th house always bad?
No. If Rahu is present with kind planets like a strong Jupiter or strong Venus, it gives positive results. Only when it’s weak or afflicted does it cause problems.
2. Does Rahu in the 7th House give love marriage?
Yes. Rahu in the 7th house is an indication that you will get married to a foreigner or your spouse will be from a different caste or community.
3. Is Rahu in the 7th house bad for marriage?
If it is weak or afflicted, then, yes. It results in ego clashes between the couple. It can also lead to the early death of the spouse, a divorce, and an extramarital affair.
4. Is Rahu in the 7th house responsible for the spouse's appearance?
Yes. A weak or afflicted Rahu means your spouse will be dark in complexion. If accompanied by Jupiter or Venus, then your spouse will have a fair complexion.