A Complete Guide on Cancer Ascendant, Cancer Rising | Know Everything About a Cancer Ascendant, Cancer Rising Traits
A person as a whole cannot be defined or understood based on just the zodiac sign. The moon sign and the ascendant sign are equally important. In this guide, we will be specifically talking about the cancer ascendant sign, what ascendant in cancer means, and much more. If you too are a cancer rising or, in general, want to understand the difference between zodiac sign and ascendant sign, then this guide will clear all your doubts.
Dive in to unfurl all the answers!
Meaning of Cancer Ascendant – What Does Rising in Cancer Mean?
A zodiac sign is determined by the birth month. An ascendant sign is determined by the time of birth. So, it’s not necessary that your zodiac sign and ascendant sign will be the same.
People who are born on or between June 21st to July 22nd have cancer zodiac signs. But, you could have a Scorpio zodiac sign or any other zodiac sign, as a matter of fact, and you could still be a cancer ascendant.
Here’s how it works: The 1st house in Vedic astrology is known as the ascendant house. When a person is born, the zodiac sign that’s present in the 1st house becomes the ascendant zodiac sign (also known as the rising sign) of that person. So, no matter your zodiac sign, if, at the time of your birth, cancer zodiac was present in your ascendant house, it means you are a cancer rising.
What Does a Rising Sign Signify?
The best way to explain what role ascendant sign plays in the life of a person, imagine, a person is a gift box!
- The gift wrapper is the ascendant sign (the first thing that others see).
- The gift box that’s wrapped is the zodiac sign/Sun sign (your real identity).
- The gift inside that box is the Moon sign (the soul and the emotional state).
Needless to say, the rising sign signifies the outside facade/social facade of a person. It’s your first impression: what the world thinks of you when they see you and meet you for the first time!
5 Cancer Ascendant Characteristics You Should know
Cancer Ascendant Appearance – Are Cancer Risings Attractive?
The moon is the ruler of Cancer risings. The planet in itself is known for its brilliance and beauty in mythology. The natives are blessed with the same good looks as that of their ascendant Lord.
A cancer ascendant woman looks very gentle and shy. These ladies are blessed with exquisite lush hair and deep reserved eyes. They usually have flawless fair skin and fuller lips. Their bodies are naturally curvy and sexy. They have a million-dollar smile. Nobody can be a better example of a cancer rising woman with a brilliant smile than Julia Roberts.
A cancer ascendant man might not be very tall, but he’s a regal-looking man with a very strong body. These men usually have average to medium height. They are born with dark hair and deep intense eyes. They age gracefully like fine wine.
The cancer rising celebrities that just confirm what astrology already predicts include the following.
- Cancer Ascendant Celebrities, Female – Victoria Beckham, Julia Roberts, Angelina Jolie, Cameron Diaz, and Kate Hudson.
- Cancer Ascendant Celebrities, Male – Ben Affleck, Steve McQueen, Kurt Russell, and Steven Spielberg.
The natives with Cancer rising are elegant and beyond the normal definition of attractive. No wonder, people get easily attracted to them.
You may also like to read – Virgo Ascendant Traits Decoded
Cancer Ascendant Traits – Are Cancer Risings Emotional?
Emotions define Cancer risings. What else do you expect from someone with the Moon being their ruler? These people are very sensitive and most of their decisions in life are driven by emotions and compassion.
- They’re the true definition of loyalty – Cancer risings are born romantics and super loyal. They don’t cheat on their partners. Having said that, you have to be very mindful of what you say since they take everything to heart.
- They’re Closed Books – Cancer risings are mysterious. It’s impossible to know what’s going on in their hearts unless they want you to know it.
- They’re Stubborn, but for the right cause – You can’t snatch what cancer risings believe is rightfully theirs, then be it their money, their friends, or their lovers. They are fierce fighters when it comes to not letting others steal what they love.
- They can be extremely clingy in a relationship – It can be challenging to get space when dating cancer risings since they can be super clingy. They’ll want to go everywhere you go and know everybody you know.
- They are jealous lovers – If they feel that you’re ignoring them for somebody else, they won’t mind creating a scene in public just to show that you’re their person! However, as long as you’re not flirting with somebody else, they won’t do anything that’ll embarrass you.
- They are beyond creative – Cancer risings are probably the most creative people on Earth. They project all their emotions through art. Hence, they’re born to paint, write, and act.
- They are wild and adventurous – It’s just not possible to clip their wings or bind them into shackles. Cancer risings are wild. They love thrill and they are always looking to explore new places and meet new people. These are curious fellows!
- They can be very dramatic – Cancer risings, especially a cancer rising woman, can be very dramatic. They love it when they have the attention of their lovers. So, they don’t really mind adding a bit of drama into their lives just to keep you entertained and interested.
Cancer risings, no matter if they’re emotionally vulnerable, are true gems. Losing these people is like losing your one real chance at true love.
Cancer Ascendant Love Life – Can Cancer Risings Fight?
The love life of a cancer ascendant can be very tough since these people are governed by extreme emotions.
- They can go to any extent to keep their partners happy. In the process of trying to make their relationships work, they often forget their own interest.
- They believe in fairytale romance. Sex is the means they use, especially a cancer ascendant man, to pour out their hidden feelings.
They can get extremely defensive and will fight tooth and nail to hold onto what’s theirs. Hence, it’s hard for these people to forget their past.
Cancer Ascendant Compatibility – Who Should Cancer Risings Marry?
Communication is the key to keep the emotional turmoil of cancer risings under control. If you shun them, they’ll go nuts. It takes someone very understanding to make things work with cancer ascendant men and women.
A marriage between two cancer ascendants is most successful since these people understand each other very well. Other than that, Scorpio and Gemini ascendants are also very compatible with cancer ascendants.
It’s always in the best interest of cancer risings to marry late in life, probably after 30. If you’re a cancer ascendant, no matter what, do not rush into getting married at all.
Health of Cancer Risings – Is a Cancer Ascendant Lucky?
Cancer ascendants are not very lucky when it comes to health if their Moon is afflicted. Their intense emotions usually disturb them mentally. These people can easily slip into depression due to heartbreaks. A weak moon can also result in stomach-related disorders.
Pearl and Moonstone can strengthen the Moon. Astrologers recommend that a cancer ascendant should always wear one of these stones to stay away from depression.
Bird’s-eye View of Cancer Ascendants
Taste of Cancer Risings in People – Who is a Cancer Rising Attracted to?
Cancer risings are very observant. They do not like to reveal their emotions in front of everybody since they’re scared of rejection in love. However, some things attract them to the point that they fail to keep their emotions under control.
- They’re very much attracted to funny people.
- They feel drawn to adventurous people.
- A cancer ascendant man feels helpless in front of the charm of sassy women.
Cancer Ascendants and Their Relationship With Planets
Cancer risings require a lot of emotional support and care. Their decisions are largely affected by the planets that are their friends and enemies.
- Friendly Planets – Moon being their ascendant Lord is their biggest friend. Mars comes next in the line of friendly planets.
- Enemy planets – Jupiter is a very fierce enemy of cancer ascendants and can create a lot of trouble in their lives. Saturn and Mercury are also enemies of Cancer risings.
Cancer Ascendant Career – Are Cancer Ascendants Rich?
These people have art and creativity running in their veins like blood. Hence, they flare exceedingly well as actors, painters, writers, comedians, impression artists, and graffiti artists. Cancer in the ascendant house also means that these people can be social workers, world leaders, and teachers since they are very compassionate. Being a water sign, Cancer ascendants can also flare well as marines.
When their ascendant Lord (Moon) is in their 2nd house, there’s nothing that can stop them from getting rich.
Did you know that Lord Rama was a Cancer rising? There cannot be a better example of a compassionate leader than the Lord himself!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What does it mean if your ascendant is cancer?
Cancer in your ascendant house means that the Cancer zodiac sign was in your 1st house at the time of your birth. Bear in mind, the ascendant sign doesn’t change. If you’re a Cancer rising, you’ll always be a cancer rising.
2. Who is the ascendant lord of cancer rising?
The moon is the ascendant lord and most benefic planet for cancer risings.
3. Who is cancer rising attracted to?
Cancer risings are attracted to humorous and adventurous people. A Cancer rising man finds sassy women very attractive.
4. Are cancer risings emotional?
Yes. They’re emotional to such an extent that they tend to forget their welfare while trying to make others happy. Most of their important decisions are driven by emotions.
5. Can cancer risings fight?
Yes. They can be very defensive when trying to hold onto their loved ones. If they believe that someone is trying to snatch what’s theirs, they don’t hold back from being aggressive.
6. Is cancer ascendant lucky?
When it comes to health, no. They are so emotional that they are highly likely to slip into depression and stress. They are also prone to stomach disorders if their Moon gets afflicted or weak.
7. What is cancer rising like?
A cancer rising is shy and docile on the outside but strong and stubborn otherwise. These people are very emotional and get hurt very easily.
8. Is Jupiter bad for cancer ascendant?
Yes. Jupiter is one of the biggest enemies of cancer ascendants. If badly placed, it makes cancer risings restless and confused. Under the influence of badly placed Jupiter, these people tend to make foolish decisions.
9. What are cancer ascendant characteristics?
Cancer ascendants are very loyal and compassionate. They are adventurous and wild. They can be very stubborn at times. Also, they are very creative.
10. How is a cancer ascendant love life?
It’s usually complicated. Cancer risings get jealous easily. They hold onto their past and can be clingy. That said, they’re very romantic and keep the interest of their partners ahead of everything else.
11. Are cancer risings attractive?
Yes. They carry the radiance of the Moon. A cancer rising woman has an attractive body. A cancer rising man has a very strong physique.
12. What is a cancer ascendant woman's appearance like?
A Cancer rising woman has a curvy sexy figure. These ladies have beautiful hair and brilliant smile. They are blessed with flawless fair skin and fuller lips.
13. What does a cancer ascendant man look like?
A cancer rising man is very attractive. These men have a medium to average height. They have intense eyes and they age very gracefully.
14. What are the best cancer ascendant career options?
Since these people are creative, acting, painting, and writing are the best careers for them. They also make extremely successful graffiti artists, marines, world leaders, teachers, impression artists, comedians, and social workers.
15. Who should a cancer rising marry?
16. What is a cancer rising marriage age for a successful married life?
It is advised that cancer risings should marry late in life. 30 years or older is the best age for these people to get married.
17. Who are the most popular cancer ascendant celebrities?
Most popular cancer ascendant women celebrities include Victoria Beckham, Julia Roberts, Angelina Jolie, Cameron Diaz, and Kate Hudson. Most popular Cancer ascendant man celebrities include Ben Affleck, Steve McQueen, Kurt Russell, and Steven Spielberg.